Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 16

Hi guys! how you all doing?

I am not sure what is going on, but day 15, and day 16 have been hell for me! much worse than the early days, the urges have been sooo strong - non-stop cravings. Took myself off to bed really early last night as I had enough, only to wake up feeling the same today. I'm hanging on in there -but only just

Zena xx

Zena, you're hanging on in there, period. Okay?

You CAN do this. Do not waste the efforts you made during these last 16 days, 16 days is one hell of an achievement, don't throw it all away, why would you hurt yourself SO much, honey Quitting is hard but you're so on the edge of the next step! I promise it DOES get easier if you just hang in there a little longer. Please!
    Quit: on August 19th, 2007 at 4.30 a.m.
    Smoked: 30 cigarettes a day for 16 + years
    Method: cold turkey
    More than 2 years and a half and not a single puff

Comment

Yikes !!

Yikes, Zena, I don't think many people would have seen this post last night - or you'd have had lots of people telling you to "hang in there" !!

You'll go through different stages on different days - but the key thing is just to keep going !! You'll make it. Remember, you only have to give ONE cigarrette up........the next one.................

That's it. That's all ya gotta do. And you can do it.

Stay strong !! Good luck !! And we're all here for ya !!

Stopped 05th Aug 07 at 2359hrs.
      Forever.
      And I do mean forever !

If you're not in control of your own mind, who is?

remember: "with" is a bad word to end a sentence with.........

Comment

Your so right Max. we are always here to give each other support. thats all we can do. but this forum has got me through many a wobble or bad day. hang on it WILL get better. x
        Quit 10,03,08.

Comment

aw Zena honey I am ever so sorry you are having a bad time of it, it can happen like this I know as it has done to me, days of nasty cravings, usually about 2 -3 if i remember correctly, so one more day and you will be on top of the world again

you have come a very long way indeed and would be so upset if you let your self down now

remind your self of just how terrible they taste and the way as soon as you have one it will be on your clothes again and your fingers

stick with us honey

Comment

Day 17

Thanks guys.

I've had yet another very tough day

Boudee its good to know that it is not uncommon to have 'DAYS' of cravings, thats reassured me that this will pass.

I've been so close again tonight to giving in, so glad I decided to check in here

Stay strong everyone

I'll report back tomorrow

Zena xx

Comment

So glad you made it hun! You are a star you see

And coming here is always a good move! I only started posting at day 5 if I remember correctly, just because when I'm in pain I need to kind of isolate myself and struggle on my own, but boy! I actually spent those first 5 days reading the entire board literally hunting for help and reassurance, I'm positive I read each and every post here lol and I ended up losing myself - and my cravings - in narrations of similar experiences, tips' posts, long rants, stories of epic battles...everything was so fascinating and unbelievably useful, I know I would never have survived those days smoke-free without this forum There's got to be some magic in these threads somewhere!
              Quit: on August 19th, 2007 at 4.30 a.m.
              Smoked: 30 cigarettes a day for 16 + years
              Method: cold turkey
              More than 2 years and a half and not a single puff

Comment

Originally posted by Zena View Post
                Thanks guys.

I've had yet another very tough day

Boudee its good to know that it is not uncommon to have 'DAYS' of cravings, thats reassured me that this will pass.

I've been so close again tonight to giving in, so glad I decided to check in here

Stay strong everyone

I'll report back tomorrow

Zena xx
                it will pass in fact i have a feeling today you will feel a bit better

well done for getting through it it is not easy for those of us that have continual cravings for days, in fact its really damed hard

well done indeed

Comment

Well done Zena! I really hope you are feeling better today, you have done so well xxxx
                  DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY?!

Comment

Working...
                  X