Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange skin sensations

Hi all

Has anyone else experienced this on giving up?

I've tried to give up before and this time I'm on day 2 on patches. I'm experiencing odd sensations inmy skin, mainly legs and arms - sort of tingly and a bit uncomfortable.

I think it could be the capilliaries coming back to life after 18 years of smoking!!
    I am NOT dying for another cigarette!

Stopped 29th August 2010 (patches)

No idea what it is but I had it too, I remember it quite clearly from several quit attempts.

It goes quite quickly but all part of the healing process!
    6 Years Smoke Free

Comment

Morning yes the strange skin sensations are to do with the re-oxygenation(donít think that its a real word but seemed to fit the bill) of the body and it feels as if the hands,arms,feet and legs are all as you said tingly, sometimes even the head was tingly with me as well, very strange but it does eventually ease off.
      It is a good sign and can only mean that your body is repairing itself so enjoy.
      Congrats on your quit and I am pleased that you have chosen this very good forum to give you a helping hand.
      I'm not intolerant, just allergic to idiots!

A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET

QUITTING IS EASY,STAYING QUIT IS TOUGH, BUT CANCER IS TOUGHER

NOPE Not One Puff Ever

Comment

This is probably related to the stress syndrome, but try to find some time and dermatologists have verified this eruption. So that you can remove it from your mind.

Comment

Working...
        X