X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tooth ache?

Can tooth ache (multiple, on both sides of mouth) be a side effect of quitting?
    ty.

i know gums are affected badly by smoking and your gums have to do so much healing when you quit and apparently can take up to a year to return to normal

not sure if the toothache is caused by your quitting depends if there are any underlying causes best to get checked by a dentist

i remember in the first month or two of my quit my gums could feel a little uncomfortable sometimes but it wasnt a raging toothache just a little uncomfortable

boo
    01.01.11 patches for about 6 ish weeks then CT and no puffs on my inhalator anymore and determination and this forum also read allan carr 2 ish weeks into my quit

i am in the penthouse and it sure is good in here

Comment

I had dreadful toothaches after quitting. My teeth were so sensitive that I couldn't close my mouth. It went away after a couple of days.

It doesn't hurt to get it checked out by a dentist anyway, though.
      Smoked around 20 a day, for 8 years. Quit at 00:01 on the 2nd of October, 2011.

Comment

toothache !!

How odd...I am just waiting for the dentist to call back to get an appointment as I have a dreadful toothache which begun a couple of days ago. My mouth has been sore since stopping (30days) with ulcers etc. I am using gum and wonder if that has anything to do with it. Won't stop using it though as it is working for me and although still have days when I could kill for a cig I am doing fine !!!

Comment

Did not actually have tooth ache but felt as if I was going to get tooth ache. My teeth and gums did feel a lot more sensitive and often had ulcers in my mouth. In my case I believe it was mainly due to constant chewing nicotine gum. I also have the same issue if I chew ordinary gum for any length of time.
          Without chewing my mouth soon feels much better but I think a little discomfort is worth putting up with if it stops you craving cigs

If you are worried get the dentist to check you out. It will only cost a couple or three days fag money if you go NHS. With what you have saved not smoking you won't miss a few quid
          Quit 30th Jan 2012
          Smoked 20 a day
          Wheezing and hacking cough, suddenly thought I am killing myself so stopped. In time I hope .... Think I may have got away with it and now things just get better and better
          2 x 2mg gums per day. Now stopped gum

Comment

Originally posted by doridignam View Post
            How odd...I am just waiting for the dentist to call back to get an appointment as I have a dreadful toothache which begun a couple of days ago. My mouth has been sore since stopping (30days) with ulcers etc. I am using gum and wonder if that has anything to do with it. Won't stop using it though as it is working for me and although still have days when I could kill for a cig I am doing fine !!!
            I sucked nico lozenges before and they definitely gave me ulcer-type sores n my mouth so had to stop. Maybe I was just sensitive to them.
            I have an e-cig as a back up just now and use it once in a blue moon .. that might be a solution for you as I don't think your mouth will get better if you continue sucking the gum.
            'It is now proved beyond doubt that smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics' Fletcher Knebel
            smoke-free and healing from 26 October 2012

Comment

Working...
            X