The No Smoking Day Stop Smoking Forum is aimed at supporting people who are trying to stop smoking or who have kicked the habit and want to stay quit. It is intended to provide a warm, friendly and supportive atmosphere for the stop smoking community.
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
In order to maintain order and a sense of community, all members should read and follow these rules. By participating in the forum, members are affirming their willingness to comply with these rules. The rules have been created to provide you with information about what you can expect here, what is expected of you, and to answer some questions you may have in your use of the Stop Smoking Forum.
Although the administrators and moderators of No Smoking Day Stop Smoking Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of No Smoking Day Stop Smoking Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or illegal.
The owners of No Smoking Day Stop Smoking Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
NSD moderator and administrator reserve the right to edit, delete or ban members from the forum. The forum rules and their enforcement is not a subject for debate. The guidelines in place are felt to be in the best interests of all members and conducive to keeping a peaceful and constructive atmosphere on the forum.
Rules of Conduct
- Be respectful of others at all times. The purpose of the forum is to provide a supportive platform and share each other’s quit experience. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions so be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting. Also, remember that the meaning of words can be distorted in an electronic message - something you intend as a joke can be misconstrued as offensive.
- Personal attacks are prohibited. Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another. Text of this nature is not beneficial to the forum spirit and will not be tolerated. This includes conversation through private messages and visitor messages.
- Trolling is prohibited. Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the members of the forum. This includes conversation through private messages and visitor messages. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude.
- No posting of personal information. Please respect the privacy of other members and do not give out information such as phone numbers and addresses.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Warnings and bans are not to be discussed on the forum. Such matters shall remain private between the NSD moderators and members. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail or private messaging. Likewise, discussions regarding moderator actions are not permitted on the forum. If you have concerns, please contact moderators through the private message system or send an email to email@example.com
- Immediate banning from the forum can result from any of the following: The posting of pornography; discriminatory remarks which are sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; excessive obscene, vulgar language or spam; posts which discuss or illustrate illegal activity; providing links to sites that contain any of the aforementioned.
- Impersonating another forum user, moderator, administrator or NSD employee is strictly prohibited. You are expressly forbidden from impersonating anyone else, including those named above, on the forum and private message, even in jest. This will result in a permanent loss of your membership.
- Post constructively. Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.
- Username. Members may have one (1) username, multiple aliases are not permitted. Registering with multiple email accounts is not allowed. If a member is found to be using multiple aliases then all accounts will be banned. We reserve the right to not allow a username that might be deemed offensive. In addition, usernames that contain obscene language or denigrate individuals and/or organisations will not be tolerated and the user will be banned as a result. This includes usernames such as CompanyA_sucks or S%^head. This is also the case for commercial usernames - usernames that are designed to point to a particular website are not allowed - For example: if you have a website called I sell stuff, then you cannot have a username such as isellstuff.ca.
- Signatures. It must not be any longer than 4 lines and blank lines count as lines. It also cannot contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of advertising. Explicit advertising and solicitating in signatures is also prohibited. Remember, your signature is your signature. Any signature that is offensive or insulting to forum members, NSD staff (including moderators) and the charity are prohibited. We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature at any time, for any reason.
- Images. Posting of images are allowed on the forum provided the image small, both in file size and pixels. General guidelines are 100kb or 200 x 200 pixels. Images that are grossly oversized will be deleted. Do not use images that hotlink back to the site the graphic came from. This is a form of free advertising and is not allowed. Any pornography; sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; or excessive obscene image will be remove immediately. Those who violate this rule will also receive a warning for posting such image.
Q. Do I have to register to use the forums?
A. You can enter as a guest and read posts, but you must register before you can post or answer a post that's already there. Registering is quick, simple, and free.
Q. Are there any types of posts that are prohibited here?
A. Yes, spam and advertising. We will delete spam/commercial posts. Please do not post to sell something or involve anyone in a money-making proposition.
Q. May I promote my product or Web site here?
A. No. Advertising or promoting specific product is not allowed in the forum. You are allowed to discuss your quit method but not allowed to post links to website for the purpose of advertising or promotion.
Q. Are there any "rules of behaviour" at this forum?
A. Yes. We do not tolerate name-calling, personal attacks and disrespecting, insulting or fuelling flames on the forum. It's OK to disagree with someone's opinion, but it's NOT alright to attack them personally. Remember that there are real people on the receiving end of your posts, so please be considerate. Members who are disruptive may be given warning for their conduct or suspension, depended on the severity of their behaviour.
Q. Who decides whether a forum rule has been broken?
A. The Stop Smoking Forum moderators, administrator and the charity will make that determination.
Q. What happens if I break a rule?
A. Typically, one of the moderators or administrator will send you a warning email with their reason and at the same time, reminding you of the forum rules. In most cases, the post in question will be edited or deleted. On rare occasions, when warranted, posting privileges will be restricted or terminated.
Q. Who will be answering the questions I post at the Forum?
A. Questions may be answered by anyone accessing the board. This is a place where people help each other by sharing experiences, tips, as well as lending support and friendship.
Q. Can I get medical advice here?
A. No. For specific medical questions, always refer to your doctor.
Q. Can I link to other Web sites?
A. You may provide links to other sites if the information there is relevant to the discussion at hand. We also allow links to online news articles, for the purpose of informing forum members about issues relating to quitting. Please don't copy and paste the entire article into your post. This avoids any possible problems with copyright infringement.
Q. Can I use graphics in my posts?
A. Yes, if you keep your graphic image small, both in file size and pixels. General guidelines are 100kb or 200 x 200 pixels. Images that are grossly oversized will be deleted. Do not use images that hotlink back to the site the graphic came from. This is a form of free advertising and is not allowed. Any image that is pornography; sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; excessive obscene or vulgar will be remove immediately. Posters will also receive a warning for posting such image.
Q. What do I need to do if a member written a post has violated one of the above rules?
A. If you feel a post violates any of the above rules, you need to bring it to the attention of NSD moderators by using the ‘report post’ link to notify the moderators immediately.