Go Back   No Smoking Day Stop Smoking Forum > Quit Smoking Discussions > Other symptoms of quitting

Old 01-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Question Tooth ache?

Can tooth ache (multiple, on both sides of mouth) be a side effect of quitting?
ty.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:49 AM

i know gums are affected badly by smoking and your gums have to do so much healing when you quit and apparently can take up to a year to return to normal

not sure if the toothache is caused by your quitting depends if there are any underlying causes best to get checked by a dentist

i remember in the first month or two of my quit my gums could feel a little uncomfortable sometimes but it wasnt a raging toothache just a little uncomfortable

boo

i am in the penthouse and it sure is good in here
Old 13-03-2012, 11:37 AM

I had dreadful toothaches after quitting. My teeth were so sensitive that I couldn't close my mouth. It went away after a couple of days.

It doesn't hurt to get it checked out by a dentist anyway, though.
Smoked around 20 a day, for 8 years. Quit at 00:01 on the 2nd of October, 2011.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:19 PM

Default toothache !!

How odd...I am just waiting for the dentist to call back to get an appointment as I have a dreadful toothache which begun a couple of days ago. My mouth has been sore since stopping (30days) with ulcers etc. I am using gum and wonder if that has anything to do with it. Won't stop using it though as it is working for me and although still have days when I could kill for a cig I am doing fine !!!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:54 PM

Did not actually have tooth ache but felt as if I was going to get tooth ache. My teeth and gums did feel a lot more sensitive and often had ulcers in my mouth. In my case I believe it was mainly due to constant chewing nicotine gum. I also have the same issue if I chew ordinary gum for any length of time.
Without chewing my mouth soon feels much better but I think a little discomfort is worth putting up with if it stops you craving cigs

If you are worried get the dentist to check you out. It will only cost a couple or three days fag money if you go NHS. With what you have saved not smoking you won't miss a few quid
2 x 2mg gums per day. Now stopped gum
Old 09-04-2012, 02:19 PM
on the path to freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by doridignam View Post
How odd...I am just waiting for the dentist to call back to get an appointment as I have a dreadful toothache which begun a couple of days ago. My mouth has been sore since stopping (30days) with ulcers etc. I am using gum and wonder if that has anything to do with it. Won't stop using it though as it is working for me and although still have days when I could kill for a cig I am doing fine !!!
I sucked nico lozenges before and they definitely gave me ulcer-type sores n my mouth so had to stop. Maybe I was just sensitive to them.
I have an e-cig as a back up just now and use it once in a blue moon .. that might be a solution for you as I don't think your mouth will get better if you continue sucking the gum.